We’re proud to announce that we’re partnering with the f2 Foto Festival in Dortmund, Germany. Through this partnership, one promising Ugandan documentary photographer will get the opportunity to undertake a 2-month paid residency in Dortmund, from May 1st to June 30th of 2021. The resident will work towards accomplishing a documentary project on the topic of Identity. This project will form part of the festival exhibition, which will take place from June 17th to June 27th 2021.
So who gets to take up this opportunity?
You could! We’re calling all Ugandan photographers who might be interested in taking up this opportunity to submit:
1. A portfolio of 25 images. If there are publications or a documentation of your work, please combine with five images maximum. You should specify in their captions when and where they were published.
2. A motivation letter explaining why you are the best person to take on this opportunity, and how you hope to benefit from it. Why would you like to work in Germany? Max 200 words.
3. A project proposal or written essay, max 800 words. This should include the title/name of your project idea, as well as the project concept. Remember that you’re proposing a project to be made and photographed in Dortmund, so you should endeavour to do some research to make your proposal as realistic and achievable as possible. Please keep in mind that you will be expected to accomplish this proposal in a limited amount of time so it should be clear and concise and you should be able to defend it when called upon. You might want to consider continuing a project you’ve already started in Uganda and look at similar issues in Germany, or you might want to develop a completely new concept and explore being a stranger in an unknown land.
4. A CV of your career. This can include where you’ve been published, exhibitions you’ve been part of, projects you’ve worked on. If possible please link to documentation of these accomplishments. Please keep it to a maximum of one A4 page long.
5. All these need to be submitted via the Visura platform. As such you need to create a profile if you haven’t already. Your motivation letter and proposal should accompany your submitted portfolio. While creating your profile you will be prompted to create a CV which we’ll review upon your submission.